These are retail locations and buying clubs/animal share programs with pickup points at various locations. Some offer home delivery. They are sources for pastured, unadulterated animal items: pure dairy, grass fed/pastured beef, pastured/omnivore chicken, organ meats, pet food, milk fed pork, etc., all raised on small/micro family farms, typically in northern Florida or Pennsylvania. Some goats are raised locally for goats’ milk. All meat comes frozen; Miller’s has fresh (never frozen) available. Typically, food from these farms is equal to (and often better quality) than one can find in the most expensive, raved about farm–to–table restaurants.
Listed from north to south
A “•” distinguishes retail location where you can purchase without pre-ordering; all others require pre–ordering.
Fellsmere: Crazy Hart Ranch Chicken, cornish hens, eggs, and Narragansett turkey. Also sells at the Farmers’ Market Oceanside Vero Beach and Fort Pierce Farmers’ Markets. Contact Linda at 772.913.0036 or via email. Local Harvest Reviews crazyhartranch.com (on Facebook)
Vero Beach: Abundant Blessings Lamb (whole, halves, or quarters) & chicken eggs. Also produce. 11975 10th Street; Vero Beach, FL 32966. Contact Kay or Charlie at 772.778.0932 or via email. Local Harvest Reviews abundantblessingsfarm.wordpress.com (on Facebook)
Vero Beach: Goat Tales Goats’ milk and goats’ cheese. Also fermented goats’ kefir and goats’ yogurt. Pickup at the farm. Contact Tanya at 772.696.1177or via email Local Harvest Reviews (on Facebook)
Jupiter: Terra Verde Farms Beef, chicken, duck, goat, lamb, pork, & rabbit. Pickup at 407 Commerce Way, Unit 9A; Jupiter, FL 33458. Also a produce CSA. Home delivery in the Jupiter/Tequesta area. 561.401.9123 Local Harvest Reviews eathealthyflorida.com (on Facebook)
West Palm Beach: Goodness Gracious Acres/Delilah’s Dairy Goats’ milk. Also handmade goats’ milk soap. Pickup at the farm. Local Harvest Reviews delilahsdairy.blogspot.com (on Facebook)
Royal Palm Beach: Joyce Family Farm (a.k.a Wild Cargo) Chicken eggs, goat (meat, milk & kefir) and turkey. Also recycled bags from feed bags, sheep wool, soy candles. Contact Hillary at 561.713.9864 or via email (on Facebook)
• Delray Beach: Heritage Hen Farm Dairy (cow & goat), eggs (chicken, duck, goose, guinea, turkey & quail), and meat (chicken, goat, goose, guinea, pork & turkey). Also fruit, honey, and clean manure for composting. Sells at the Delray Green Market or pick up orders on the farm Saturday mornings 9am to 11am. 561.350.0507 Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews heritagehen.com (on Facebook)
Pompano Beach: The Urban Farmer Dairy (cow & goat), chicken eggs, fresh fish, and meat (beef, lamb, pork & turkey). Also a weekly produce CSA and a dairy, eggs, fermented dairy, fresh fish & meat co–op. 1730 North Powerline Road; Pompano Beach, FL 33069. 954.586.6686 Local Harvest Reviews theurbanfarmerflorida.com (on Facebook)
• Fort Lauderdale: Marando Farms Dairy (cow & goat) including butter, cream, cheese, kefir, milk & yogurt and eggs (chicken, duck & goose available at their retail location. Much larger selection of diary (cow & goat), eggs, fermented foods, meat (grass fed beef, chicken, duck, lamb, organs, Woodland milk fed pork, turkey & veal) available through their co–op which delivers every other Monday. Organic produce also available daily along with CSA pickups on Saturdays. Retail store open weekends, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (closed Wednesdays), 10am to 5pm. At Marando Farms. Located 2 blocks south of Davie Boulevard, 1 block west of Andrews Avenue, adjoining the railroad tracks. 1401 SW 1st Avenue; Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. 954.294.2331 Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews marandofarms.com (on Facebook)
• Hollywood: The Good Earth Bacon, ground beef, chicken, cheese, and eggs. Located in booth #31 at the north end of the Yellow Green Farmers’ Market. Saturdays & Sundays, 8am to 4pm. Just west of I-95 and north of Taft Street. 1940 North 30th Road; Hollywood, FL 33021. Contact via email.
North Miami Beach: Alternative Real Good Foods Dairy (cow & goat), chicken eggs, fish, and meat (beef, bison, chicken, lamb, organs, pork, rabbit, turkey & veal). Also baked goods, fermented foods, supplements and other Weston Price–oriented products. Pickups every other Wednesday. 786.554.1084 alternativerealgoodfoods.com (on Facebook)
Little River: Earth-N-Us Chicken eggs and goats’ milk. Also honey, wheat grass and a communal garden. 7630 NE 1st Avenue; Miami, FL 33138. Linda McGlathery 917.622.3545 or email (on Facebook)
• Upper Eastside: Gaucho Ranch Uruguayan grass fed beef. Retail store open Monday to Friday, 9pm to 6pm; Saturdays 10am to 2pm. 7251 NE 2nd Avenue, Loft 113; Miami, FL 33138. 305.751.0775 Yelp Reviews gauchoranch.com (on Facebook)
South Beach: Once Upon a Carrot/The Wholesome Grocer Dairy (cow & goat), eggs (duck & chicken), meat (beef, chicken & lamb). Also baked goods, fresh fish, and produce. Pickups every other week at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden; 2000 Convention Center Drive; Miami Beach, FL 33139. Also home delivery. Contact Cindy Hill at 786.216.7946. Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews onceuponacarrot.org (on Facebook)
Those Serving Multiple Locations
Multiple Locations in Plantation & Miami: Miller’s Organic Farm Dairy (camel, cow, goat & sheep), chicken eggs, and meat (beef, chicken, duck, lamb, organs, pet food, pork, turkey & veal). Also baked goods, fermented foods, fish, and other Weston Price–oriented products from a group of Pennsylvania Amish families, primarily Amos Miller’s family. Fresh (never frozen) meat often available. Pickups in central Miami, Coconut Grove, and Plantation every other Monday. Also a pickup point for Annie’s Buying Club (produce) 305.677.2735 myhealthyfoodclub.com (on Facebook)
Multiple Locations in Fort Lauderdale & Miami: Hani’s Cheese and Hani's Mediterranean Organics Goats’ cheese from his own goats. Also many Mediterranean specialties and ambo (fermented mango). Delivery for big orders or pickup at various locations. 305.562.3202. Local Harvest Reviews hanisorganics.com (on Facebook)
• Multiple Farmers’ Markets: Arrowhead Beef of Florida Beef from pasture–raised, heirloom Parthenais cattle (steaks, ground beef, primals & whole/half steers). Available at multiple farmers’ markets; South Florida delivery on wholesale and special orders. Contact Melissa via email. Local Harvest Reviews floridagrassfed.com (on Facebook)
Multiple Locations in Miami: Healthy Habits Cows’ milk and chicken eggs. Also baked goods, bulk groceries, honey, and produce delivered at the Redlands Community Church and 6 other locations north to Doral and east to The Roads. Some orders come in every week, some monthly, some quarterly. Contact either Martha at 786.423.4308 or Cyndi at 786.251.1000. healthyhabitsproduce.blogspot.com
If you know of others, let us know.